CNBC's Erin Burnett on National Debt: 'The Problem is Our Revenue'
Appearing on Monday’s NBC Today to discuss the debate over reducing the nation’s debt, CNBC host Erin Burnett declared to co-host Matt Lauer: “The problem is our revenue, what the government takes in, in taxes. What you pay every month out of your paycheck is way smaller, in fact, its only somewhere around $2 trillion a year.”
After Lauer asked about the relationship between government spending and the debt, Burnett acknowledged: “They are related, but really, to tackle this issue, we do have to tackle entitlements. When you look at Medicare and Social Security, its 40% of our budget.” However, she quickly denounced Republican attempts to use a raise in the debt ceiling to cut such spending: “Those are the questions we have to answer, but not through playing chicken on the debt ceiling.”
via CNBC’s Erin Burnett on National Debt: ‘The Problem is Our Revenue’.
Custom Display Posts
March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- admin on Impeachment: See the 78 Documented Times Obama Broke the Law | Conservative Alert
- Jeannene Surber on Impeachment: See the 78 Documented Times Obama Broke the Law | Conservative Alert
- Joseph on When Does Impeachment Become An Option?
- admin on Hillary: Hey, I’ll Totally Bypass Congress On Gun Control If Necessary – Matt Vespa
- Jay on Hillary: Hey, I’ll Totally Bypass Congress On Gun Control If Necessary – Matt Vespa
- FED FREAKIN UP!
- When Does Impeachment Become An Option?
- Why Romney Lost
- Challenging Our System of Checks and Balances
- Candidate Endorsement
- DILLUSIONAL ENTITIES
- The Will of the People
- ANOTHER TAX DECEPTION!
- " FAIR " is FAIR!
- Crime Threatens Liberty
- BOTH WAYS DON’T FLY
- " Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell "
- AMERICA TODAY
- SOLVING AMERICA’S PROBLEMS
- A CONSTITUTIONAL DILEMNA
- WHAT IS THE REAL ISSUE?
- The " Socialization " of Politics
- FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION
- THE U.S. SUPREME COURT
- SURVEY SAYS: I DON’T THINK SO!
- DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH PEOPLE!
- SELLING SNAKE OIL
- A " CONVENIENT " CONSTITUTION
- " REFORMING " AMERICA
- THE CRIMINILIAZATION of OUR CONSTITUTION
- THE " BLAME " GAME
- COMING TO THEIR SENSES–SLOWLY
- BERLIN WALL ANNIVERSARY
- PROSECUTORIAL IMMUNITY
- AN INTELLIGENT LOOK AT HEALTHCARE
- LIMBAUGH VS SHARPTON
- PRO DEMOCRACY FUNDS
- EMAIL FROM AL GORE???!!!
- BIN LADEN CHALLENGES OBAMA
- SENSE OF HUMOR!
- WHO IS TO BLAME?
- GLOBAL WARMING EMAILS
- POLITICAL INTIMIDATION
- CAPITALISM DEAD? I THINK NOT!
- OBAMA MOTORS
- AN OUT OF TOUCH GOP
- COLON POWELL
- RUSH LIMBAUGH
- SECRET RANDOM DRUG TESTING
- MY LATEST LETTER TO CONGRESS
- AN ISPIRATIONAL CONVERSATION
- CONGRESSIONAL PAY RAISE
- PIRACY ON THE HIGH SEAS
- MY LATEST EMAIL TO THE IDIOTS IN D. C.
- WHAT THIS ELECTION SHOULD BE ABOUT
- MY BROTHER IS AN OBAMA SUPPORTER!
- ANORTHER CONVERSATON WITH MUDD
- LETS SEE WHO IS PAYING ATTENTION
- OBAMA SNUBBS WOUNDED SOLDIERS!
- THE " MAKING HISTORY ELECTION "
- ENDING THE CLINTON DYNASTY?
- REAL ID LEGISLATION: MY LETTER TO CONGRESS
- IRAN AND THE NIAVTE OF THE WESTERN WORLD
When reading idiotic statements like this, one has to make one wonder exactly which institution educated her and people like her. The problem with the national debt is not what the government takes in, the problem is they spend more than they have, and, that, is just flat out stupid.